THE TOWN OF WISE WILL BE STOCKING BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR WITH RAINBOW TROUT ON WEDNESDAY JULY 2, 2014 THE RESERVOIR WILL THEN BE CLOSED UNTIL SATURDAY JULY 5, 2014 AT 12:00 NOON.
THOSE FISHING MUST HAVE A TOWN RESERVOIR LICENSE IN THEIR POSSESSION A VIRGINIA STATE FISHING LICENSE OR WISE COUNTY FISHING LICENSE IS ALSO REQUIRED.
THE LICENSE COST TWELVE DOLLARS FOR ANYONE BETWEEN THE AGES OF THIRTEEN AND SIXTY-FOUR. A SPECIAL LICENSE FOR THOSE, WHO ARE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, ARE UNDER THIRTEEN OR ARE SIXTY-FIVE OR OLDER IS AVAILABLE FOR SIX DOLLARS. A THREE CONSECUTIVE DAY LICENSE IS ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SIX DOLLARS.
LICENSES CAN BE PURCHASED AT TOWN HALL MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY BETWEEN 8:30 AM AND 4:30 PM.
THE CREEL LIMIT FOR TROUT IS FIVE FISH PER DAY WITH NO SIZE RESTRICTION.
EVERYONE MUST ABIDE BY THE “RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR USE OF THE TOWN OF WISE BEAR CREEK RESERVOIR AND WATERSHED AREA”
GOOD FISHING, EVERYONE!
TOWN OF WISE
Effective July 1, 2013 the Town of Wise will no longer be issuing dog tags. All dogs should be licensed and tagged through the Wise County Treasurer’s Office located at the Wise County Courthouse. If you licensed your dog at the Town of Wise Treasurer’s Office, that tag will be honored by Wise County until the tag expires, at which time you will need to obtain a new county dog tag at the Wise County Treasurer’s Office.
Know the rules before your yard sale
The Town Council of the Town of Wise, Virginia adopted Ordinance No. 11, 2012 on August 28, 2012 which amends the rules and regulations for Yard Sales in the Town of Wise.
The following outlines the current regulations for Yard Sales in the Town of Wise:
- You must obtain a Yard Sale Permit from the Zoning Administrator before you have a yard sale, garage sale, rummage sale, moving sale or the like. There is no charge for a Yard Sale Permit; however, it must be available for inspection upon request during your yard sale.
- If you do not have a yard sale permit, you will be in violation of the Town of Wise Zoning Ordinance and subject to penalties as prescribed in said ordinance.
- You may have two yard sales (garage sales, rummage sales, moving sales or the like) per year on a parcel of property. Each yard sale (garage sale, rummage sale, moving sale or the like) cannot last more than three consecutive days.
- You may have a yard sale (garage sale, rummage sale, moving sale or the like) on Residentially Zoned, Commercially/Business Zoned, or Industrially Zoned property provided you have written permission from the property owner.
- If you have a Yard Sale (garage sale, rummage sale, moving sale or the like) on someone else’s property, the sale counts toward the property owner’s maximum number of two sales per year.
- Yard Sales, Garage Sales, Rummage Sales, Moving Sales and the like are to be comprised of only used household items, used clothing, used furniture, used household equipment and the like.
- No misplaced signs. It’s good to get the word out about your sale, but if you put your signs in a spot where laws don’t allow it, they may be taken down. Save your posterboard and your valuable time by knowing where signs can’t go: In public right-of-way, including on power poles, stop signs or other street signs.
- Who’s in charge. The town’s rules about yard sales are enforced by the Wise Police Department and the Wise Planning Department, located in town hall. They are carrying out rules and regulations that can be found within the town’s zoning ordinance. If you have any questions about how to hold a yard sale properly, call Town Planner Laura Mullins at 276/328-6013, extension 223.
Check out the Town's Special Events Facebook Page!